Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Financial aid recipients must be making academic progress towards their degree in order to continue financial aid eligibility.
Follow these steps to lookup your Financial Aid academic status in MyUH portal
- Log into your My UH Portal at
- Search “View My Financial Aid Information” and click on the search result “View My Financial Aid Information (All campuses)”
- Click on the Financial Aid tab
- Click on Academic Progress
- Select Maui College and the Aid Year (i.e. UH Maui College Aid Year 2017-18)
- Click on Submit
- Click on Academic Progress tab
- Please look for your current academic status at the top of the page
The Minimum Standards
- Students must maintain 2.00 GPA (cumulative) and complete at least 67% of their attempted coursework (cumulative).
- Students must also be progressing through their educational program within a set time frame. Once you reach 60 credits attempted at the college, we expect that you are close to completing your 2-year degree and will notify you by email. You will be asked to meet with an advisor to complete a Financial Aid Degree Completion Form to determine how many credits you have left to graduate. Given this information, the Financial Aid Office will review your academic history to determine how much financial aid eligibility you have remaining. Click on this link for the form:
- Please read the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and the Return to Title IV Policy by clicking on the links below:
Failure To Meet The Minimum Standards
you will be ineligible for financial aid and placed on “suspension” status. you can re-apply for financial aid again once you have brought your academic standing to the minimum standards above.
体育网站365students can appeal their suspension status in certain situations:
– If there were unusual/extraordinary circumstances that caused you to fall below academic standards;
– If there were circumstances beyond your control;
– If you have taken measures to improve your situation or if you can show that you have improved your grades;
You may submit an appeal to the Financial Aid Office. Please note: Under federal guidelines, there will be certain situations where the Financial Aid Office may not be able to consider your appeal. Each case is individual and will depend on a review of your entire academic history at the college.
Complete the SAP Appeal Form. Click on the link for the form
2020-2021 SAP Appeal Form
体育网站365all sections of the appeal form must be completed before submitting.
Your Appeal form (along with all supporting documentation) must be completed before your appeal will be reviewed by the committee.
– The committee will notify you by email in one to three weeks.
– If the reasons for your appeal are valid and we calculate that you can meet the minimum academic standards by the end of your financial aid time frame, we will send you an email notifying you of the next steps which include an Academic Plan.
– Once your Academic Plan is completed, your “Suspension” status will be changed to a “Probation” status and you will be eligible for financial aid for the next semester.
– If you fail to meet the standards of your Academic Plan, you will be suspended and no longer eligible for financial aid.
– If we are unable to approve your appeal, you will be notified by email.