Summer 2020 Financial Aid
Please read the important information below to find out more about eligibility and the financial aid process.
You generally may be eligible for summer aid if:
- You were not full time in Fall and Spring and did not receive the full Pell Grant award.
- If you were full time in Fall and Spring, you will need to be enrolled in at least 6 credits to be considered for a Pell Grant.
- Student loans can only be taken out during summer if you did not take out the maximum yearly award amount during the Fall/Spring semesters. Student loans require at least 6 credits of enrollment.
Some other important factors to consider during summer:
- Summer tuition for many classes is at a higher cost and financial aid may not necessarily cover the costs as it would in Fall/Spring.
- If you are eligible for financial aid, disbursements will happen after the add/drop period for your summer class. No funds will be disbursed prior to your class starting.
Summer Financial Aid Process:
- If you wish to receive an estimate of your financial aid eligibility for summer you will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the course title, course number, and CRN (ex. ENG 100 45236) for each summer class that you expect to enroll in. We will respond with an email in 1 -2 weeks with an estimate of your eligibility as well as other important information.
- Summer Financial aid will automatically be reviewed, awarded and disbursed periodically throughout the summer semester. As long as you are enrolled in summer class(es) your eligibility will be reviewed. If you are eligible you will be notified with more information. There are no additional applications that you will need to complete.
- You will need to be meeting all academic and eligibility requirements after the Spring 2020 semester to be eligible for summer aid.
- Summer tuition is due on May 8th, 2020. If you register prior to the tuition deadline you will be responsible to pay your tuition to hold your classes. Financial aid will not pay summer tuition by this date. If you stay enrolled in summer after the tuition deadline you will be responsible for any charges regardless of your eligibility. If you are unable to pay for summer tuition please check with us for an estimate before you decide to enroll.
If you have any additional questions please contact us at email@example.com