Distance Learning Instructional Support
Distance Learning Assistance – The following people have agreed to provide one on one assistance. Please contact them via email.
- ʻIolani Antonio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Casey Arcangel (email@example.com)
- Allison Chun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kaʻimi Hanohano (email@example.com)
- Melissa Kunitzer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Aubrey Matsuura (email@example.com)
- Velma Panlasigui (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Charlie Schlather (email@example.com)
- Derek Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Marti Wukelic (email@example.com)
- Emma White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paul Kailiponi (email@example.com)
- Morgan Andaluz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For cable, zoom, or distance learning support, please call 808-984-3615 or email Deanna at email@example.com
EQUIPMENT REQUEST: We still have tablets, laptops, headsets and webcams available!
- Reference this document for an outline for each workshop, the various tools that we covered and supporting resources (links to relevant instructions, videos, etc.)
- You can easily navigate within this document. Use the links in the Table of Contents or Outline.
- Includes links to video recordings of the workshops.
UHMC Laulima Template
- If you are interested in using a course shell, contact Laureen Kodani at x747 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the UHMC Laulima Template site and for guidance to copy the template to your course site.
from UH Mānoa
from Inside Higher Ed
Using Laulima Forums for Discussions by Eric Engh
PREPARING FOR ONLINE INSTRUCTION – Practical Tips from Eric Engh
- Create a list of weekly course activities (or a weekly Laulima Lessons module) with clear instructions. from my online course.
- Create Forums discussion topics in place of classroom discussion. .
- Schedule Zoom meetings during regular class times. To get started, watch “.”
- Practice Zoom before your first meeting with the class, especially sharing your screen or specific windows on your screen with the class. .
- Record a mini-lecture using Loom and share it with students.
- Record an audio lecture using recording software. .
- Develop your strategy for providing electronic feedback on student writing. If you use Microsoft Word Review or Commenting to insert feedback, I recommend saving as pdf to share with students so that they see what you intend when the document is opened. Otherwise, the word file may vary based on the recipient’s settings in Word.
- Add the Drop Box tool to share graded assignments via the following navigation: Site info > Manage Tools > Select “Drop Box” > Select “Continue” > Select “Finish.”
Zoom Cafe Virtual Meetups
- Join us to learn, teach or hangout. The informal and collaborative approach allows us to provide personalized support for faculty at the level they need (technology, andragogy/pedagogy, course design, and more). Whether it is Zoom, Laulima, how to work remotely from home or for a good laugh, we would love to hear from you. Your success and the success of our students are a priority. If you need to schedule an appointment with me, contact me at x747 or via email at email@example.com.
- Each Zoom Cafe meeting will have a unique link and password to join and will be sent via Maui Announcements prior to the scheduled Zoom Cafe date
- Friday, 04/17/20, 9a-11a
- Friday, 04/24/20, 1p-4p
- Friday, 05/01/20 9a-11a
- If you do not already have a Zoom license assigned to you, please contact Laureen Kodani (984-3747 or firstname.lastname@example.org). for more information and support for ZOOM.
- : Share this with your students who will be joining your synchronous sessions and online office hour via Zoom video conferencing.
- CLASSROOMS – ZOOM BY DEPT. Please contact your department chair to schedule.
- Kaʻaʻike 103 – Bus/HOST
- Kaʻaʻike 108 – Humanities
- Kaʻaʻike 210 – CTE
- Noiʻi 206 – STEM
- Hale 217 – Social Science
- Nursing Conference Room – Nursing
EARLY COLLEGE INFORMATION
- Sheltered high school classes (e.g., Early College, continuing education) will move to online delivery and should resume on Monday, March 30 unless arrangements are made. Please make sure you are in contact with Randy Yamanuha and your high school representatives.
STUDENT SUPPORT INFORMATION Webpage
UH Maui College Help Desk:
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Call us: 808-984-3283
Email Us: email@example.com
UH System Help Desk Contact Information
UH System Help Desk Phone and Email Support:
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Open during all Holidays
Phone: (808) 956-8883
Toll Free: (neighbor isles) (800) 558-2669
Fax: (808) 956-2108