Student Covid-19 Support: Summer 2020
Most student support services continue to be available online. A limited number of on-campus services are available and require an appointment.
- for how to protect yourself and others should be followed while visiting any service area on campus.
- For help connecting to a service department, a live chat box is available on the UHMC homepage or call 808-984-3500 for the campus switchboard.
- The webpage provides a good overview of up-to-date systemwide policies and resources.
Take Care of Yourself and Others
Personal Support Counseling
- For UHMC students, email counselors Aris Banaag (email@example.com) or Mari Kanemura, LCSW (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- . Text HOME to 741741 to talk or chat with a live counselor
- : 800-273-8255
- FAQ and referral service
- CDC’s page on
Food & Other Essentials
- Rental and Food assistance
- Distribution Sites
- Text “FOOD” to 808-877-877 to find the nearest keiki feeding sites
- offers a variety of domestic and employment support and services
Online Learning Support
- Tech support & free software from the UHMC Help Desk. Online help or call 808-984-3283.
- Free Wi-Fi on campus and on Maui ().
- Browse the library’s to borrow a laptop, tablet or peripheral.
- for Zoom coaching or getting the most out of classroom technology.
Manage Your Studies
- . UH tools, tips and help for online learning
- Contact The Learning Center (TLC) if you need help navigating online learning, managing distractions, overcoming procrastination habits, problem-solving obstacles, or interested in trying new ways of studying.
- to determine if there’s a tutor assigned to your class. These student tutors are knowledgeable guides available to help you navigate a variety of classroom and campus experiences and challenges.
- – Online and In-person (Relocated to TLC L-O2).
- or : Librarians provide research assistance, professional support for academic success and integrity, and a wide variety of referral services including connecting you to campus and community resources.
- Places to study on campus: Due to infection control protocols, many buildings on campus continue to be closed. The Student Lounge is open over the Summer for those students needing a computer, Wi-Fi, or a quiet place to study. .
- – one of the many front door services available from the library. Upload your print request using the .
More COVID-19 Student Support Resources
- Academic Advising – Get guidance and updates on classes, pathways, transfers, and career exploration.
- Financial Aid – ask about emergency relief funding and other types of financial aid opportunities.
- Student Life, Campus Clubs & Volunteering – Contact Student Life Coordinator Al Paschoal (email@example.com) for updates on online clubs, events, and college engagement activities. Visit your mobile device app store to download the UH Maui app to keep campus connected.
UH Maui College Help Desk:
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Call us: 808-984-3283
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
UH System Help Desk Phone and Email Support:
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Open during all Holidays
Phone: (808) 956-8883
Toll Free: (neighbor isles) (800) 558-2669
Fax: (808) 956-2108
please call our operator and she can help you find the support you need: 808-984-3500
Online Learning Quicklinks & Recommendations
Online Research Guides & Support. Includes online chat.
UH System Learning During and Emergency Page